Sunday, December 19, 2010

Longest Yet

     On Saturday Madame X instructed me that I needed to be "committed" to keep the boys until at least five in the evening.  This surprised me as I have only ever taken them back when one or the other wants to go home.  I was very confused why my commitment was being brought into question, but...whatever. 
     I picked the boys up at one and decided to take them to the mall to play for some time so that they wouldn't get bored with being at my house for four straight hours.  That was a terrible idea, with it being the holiday shopping time.  We drove to University mall and the only parking stall we could find was in Wyoming.  Killian did not like all the kids running around everywhere.  He held my hand the entire time.  I am a little too tall to play in munchkinville.  I'm pretty sure there was more than one child there that needed a diaper change.  I felt like a pig searching for a truffle trying to figure out if that smell was coming from my own offspring.  Gladly, it was not.  The boys wanted nothing to do with the playground, but they did find a small fountain nearby.  Beck even started scooping water out of the fountain so that he would have a  puddle on the floor to stomp in.  If I didn't have to keep them in working condition for four hours while Madame X was away, I probably would have let him continue on, just so I could see how all that water turned out.  Killian started trying to drink the water as well.  We only lasted for an hour at the mall.  So it was back into the truck to eat goldfish crackers and watch Nemo. 
     While driving on the freeway I glanced back to make sure Beck was still awake and noticed that his cheeks were puffed out like Dizzy Gillespie.  He had taken every single gold fish cracker that was in the Tupperware, and shoved it into his mouth.  Beck had to keep his finger stuck in his mouth to prevent the reservoir of gold fish crackers from spilling out.  He let all of that sit in his mouth for awhile and then I stuck my hand back there and told him to spit it out.  There were so many half mushy crackers that it filled my hand and then some.  He got it on his coat and he then kept saying yuck (pause) yuck (pause) yuck, until we got home and could clean off his coat.  At home we did the usual.  Watch Cars, play upstairs, play downstairs, demolish the house.  Beck even decided that he liked one of the rocks I had in a vase that was holding a bamboo plant.  So he yanked that down and the plant out, so he could get the rock.  I had them for four and a half hours.  Killian only started asking for Mommy because he knew it was time for a tub and then bed.  The kid no longer takes naps, so by five, he is usually ready for fall asleep on his feet.  By the end of four hours with twins, I'm lucky if I can get back up on my feet.
     The photos are not very good due to the "upgrade" in something with the iPhone I guess. 

Terrible photo, but love the smiles

I'm not sure he can see the television well enough

Killian decided to watch TV on my feet leaning back into my legs.  My legs fell asleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment