Tuesday, December 7, 2010

'Leepin'

     On Monday I sent a text to Madame X to see if the boys were ready.  She replied that they were playing outside and if I wanted to come get them I needed to make sure I took them to play outside.  I'm not sure why the need to play outside, but who am I to argue with the diabolical mind of Madame X. 
     I pulled up in front of the house and Killian immediately started running towards the truck.  He was promptly met by a closed gate that Madame X had to open for him.  He then came running down the sidewalk with his arms in the air saying Daddy, Daddy, Daddy as he ran.  I picked him up and he started laughing, so I thre him into the air.  I adore greetings like this.  Now that doesn't mean I want all of you that are reading this to start greeting me that way.  That could make things awkward and I'm not sure I can throw some of you into the air.  Beck was a little more reserved in his greeting of me.  I squatted down so I would be more his height when he came over, hoping for him to run to me.  Beck sauntered over and pointed at the leaves and said leaves.  Then sat down on my leg.  Not quite the greeting I was hoping for, but it still beats screaming and running away from me when I get there.  Madame X also informed me that I needed to feed them instead of letting them graze throughout the afternoon and she suggested french fries. 
     So we were off to McDonalds to get some fries.  By the time I had ordered the fries Killian was fast asleep in his car seat.  I still enjoy watching them sleep.  I did focus on my driving and didn't just watch him sleep all the way back to Mapleton.  I carried him into the house and placed him in bed to take a nap.  Beck kept going to the door and saying Key-yan 'leepin'.  I kept trying to get him interested in other things away from Killian.  Beck decided he needed to take a stuffed dog in and lay it next to Killian on the bed.  Beck decided after that, that he didn't want Killian to sleep because he took two blocks into the bedroom and started to throw them at the bed.  Fortunately I saw that coming and caught the blocks before they hit Killian.  I sent a text Madame X and asked her how long I should let Killian sleep so that he would still go to bed at night.  She told me to wake him up, he wasn't allowed to sleep in the afternoon.  I compromised and let him sleep for an hour.  Next time I won't even ask, I'll just let him sleep. 
     When Killian woke up we played some, but Beck didn't really feel like being there so I took them home.  I hope in the near future Beck becomes as comfortable around me as Killian is.  On the drive home Killian held out his stuffed animal and talked to it showing the dog things.  We passed a construction site and Killian held the dog to the window and said cane, cane, cane (crane).  Killian waved bye when I dropped them off.  Beck didn't even look back.  I hate waiting until Saturday.




'leepin' with his boots on

Beck loves stickers

The dog Beck placed next to Killian

No comments:

Post a Comment