Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yay two visits in a row

Beck came down the walkway this morning with his face buried in his blanket.  My heart sank thinking this was going to be a rough visitation day (Beck hides his face when he is trying to shut you out).  When I got close, Beck pulled the blanket down and roared like a dinosaur and then smiled.  Yay, it was going to be a good day.  Things the last two visits have gone really well.  Both boys ask if they can come back to play later when I tell them it's time to go.  Beck still has moments where he wants to be left alone and goes to a room to play by himself.  Eventually, he comes back to join the group.  I try to give him his space during this time, although it is really hard to not play with him during this time when I know that I have precious few hours with him.   The boys have stopped eating anything when they are with me.  We now are too busy playing monsters, or wrestling, or Daddy chase me games to eat.  I haven't even had time to take pictures we are playing so much.  It is painful to me to miss some of the photo ops.  But I would rather be very present with them, rather than behind the camera.  Beck decided he wanted to take a nap I guess, so he took his ride on Thomas and lifted it into the inflatable pool filled with styrofoam blocks.  Got himself comfortable and put his arm around Thomas.  Really wish I would have taken a picture of that.  At least things are improving and I don't feel like I have to try so hard to get Beck to come over.

Funny conversations...

Daddy: Killian, did you poop?  Let me check your diaper.
Killian:  Any poop?
Daddy: Nope.  No poop.
Killian:  That is 'cause the poop is still in my butt.

Beck (later after we get in the truck to go home):  Ewww.  It stinks in here.
Daddy:  It does?  What does it smell like?
Beck: Killian's poop.

Beck:  My sucker is blue like Thomas
Killian: My sucker is red like Thomas
Beck: Thomas is not red.  He is blue.
Killian: My sucker is brown like Thomas

Beck: Daddy I wanna do stickers
Daddy (gets out sticker book):  Which sticker do you want?
Beck: I want the Brachiosaurus
Daddy: The what?
Beck: That one (points)
He's not three yet.  Guess I need to further my education to I can do stickers with the two year old.



No comments:

Post a Comment