Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Time

I figured I would end up with only one boy on Christmas.  When Beck runs away from me like he did on the 24th, he usually doesn't come back for days.  Madame X sent me a text saying Beck didn't want to come.  So I brought a present with me to try and bribe him out of the house.  When I got there, Madame X started motioning me back towards the truck.  Killian was running around my feet saying "dat pwesent fo me?"  I said no, yours is in the truck.  This is for Beck.  Killian said okay okay okay okay okay, while jumping up and down in one place.  I sure wish I had their energy.  Beck used my knees as steps into the truck and acted like nothing was wrong.  He did ask if we were going to go open presents for him. 
Ordinarily, Beck likes to ride his quad in the grass before going into the house.  Today he was present driven.  He walked straight to the back door.  Then straight downstairs without waiting for anyone.  Beck then walked directly to the tree and picked out the biggest present.  Lugged it out from under the tree, looked at me and said, "This a biggie present, I can open?"  I said it was a present for him and to open it.  He started tearing long pieces off the present.  It took him forever to get all the paper off it.  Killian went straight for the unwrapped books under the tree.  He didn't really seem interested in opening the presents.  They ran and ran and ran to play with each new toy.  I made the mistake of buying something for them that took about four million pounds of air to blow up.  I was rather light headed by the time we got that one up and going.  Christmas ended up being a success.  My favorite game ended up being one where Killian turned the light off and ran away.  Beck would then turn the light on and run away.  I love games where I can be a spectator.  I'll upload video of that game later.  Beck has been coming with me for all our scheduled play times ever since.  I might be softening towards Christmas after all.  It was so much fun to watch them open one present and then want that one present put together, when in fact, there were still presents to be opened under the tree.  It warmed my heart.  Yes, all you naysayers, I do have a heart.






What are you looking at?  You wanna piece of me?

Nobody talks to us that way.  Get him!





No comments:

Post a Comment