Saturday, January 29, 2011

Monday and Saturday

     I did not get the boys on Saturday due to trying to avoid getting them sick for their birthday party next week.  I did however, get them last Monday. 
     I pulled up and both boys came running out to me.  I thought it was because they wanted to come with me, but I think it was due to the Mylar balloons I had.  The boys and I drove to McDonald's for "fwies" and "dink's".  When I got them home I put the drink in Beck's lap so he could drink while I ran the rest of the stuff to the back door.  I decided to get Killian out first so I walked over to his door and opened it.  As soon as I opened it, I could hear Beck crying.  I said, "hey what happened?"  Beck replied, "I pilled, code, code, I pilled!"  He had spilled his Sprite and was cold with all the ice sitting in his lap.  I ran over to him and got him out of the car seat.  He kept saying code, code.  I told him we would get him some new pants.  So he then started saying "code, pilled, new pants".  I told him to start walking to the back door while I got Killian.  Then Beck changed to saying "code, new pants, Key-yan".  I finally managed to get both boys and all the stuff they come with inside the house and downstairs. 
     When we got downstairs I made Beck lay down so I could change him to some dry pants.  While I was doing that Killian started knocking over all the blocks.  I guess Beck wanted to be the one to do that since he started slapping the carpet while laying down and saying "Key-yan, naughty...naughty Key-yan."  After I changed Beck's pants I helped him up and he said "new pants, not code" and then he ran off to destroy things as well. 
     I had yet another I feel old moment while I had the boys.  I had previously down loaded a few apps onto my phone for two year olds since Beck really likes my phone.  I thought they were dumb apps since they didn't do much, but I had hoped that the boys would at least like them.  Well the reason I thought they were dumb is apparently because a thirty-five year old can't work the app.  Beck started screwing around with the app and the game started doing all sorts of things that I had never been able to do.  It just took a two year old to figure it out.  I was amazed at all the stuff the app did.  I could only ever get it to say the alphabet.  Beck was getting it to flash colors, shapes, the alphabet, and talk to him.  I have no idea how he did that.  Don't worry though, I am still going to mock my father anytime I have to go set the time on his VCR, update his GPS, or help him with his cell phone though.
     I ended up only having the boys for two hours.  At three Beck started saying, "done, I go home now".  I have no idea how I am going to convince them to stay longer during the winter months.  If we could spend all day at the park, I have no doubt I would get them all day.

This video is one of the many games we play...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJTbN_6r6fg

Killian driving his cars...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPX1LrgA_yE

Beck playing Sesame Street...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMMDEEEeb38

No comments:

Post a Comment