Saturday, June 9, 2012

Swimming Lessons

I was able to go watch the boys at their swimming lessons this last week.  It was very interesting to say the least.  Killian does not like to get his face wet.  He loves the water, but gets upset if his face gets wet.  That is a bit hard to avoid at a pool.  So when I got there he was upset and telling his teacher, "I wanna go back to Mommy!".  Beck sat on the side of the pool and cried the first day.  Day two he did really well.  Day three, he kept getting out of the pool anytime him and his teacher got near the stairs.  He was having fun, he just thought that being near the stairs meant the lesson was done for the day. 
     I did, however, have a want to cry in public moment when I was there.  I have not gone to pick up the boys mid activity yet.  I was very concerned they wouldn't want me to pick them up.  They wouldn't want Madame X and I to be in the same place at the same time.  I worried about nothing, as is par for the course with me. 
     I have a picture where Beck is looking at me and you can see in his face that he is trying to place the person he is looking at, he just can't quite see me with the camera to my face.  I wish that I could have shot another picture right after that, except I was too busy basking in the moment of my son recognizing who I was, and watching as his face broke into a giant grin.  There was so much white showing in that grin that his smile blocked out the sun I think.  I almost started to cry, and thus, forgot to hit the shutter button again while he was smiling at me.  I walked over with the camera and said, "Can you show Daddy how you swim?"  Beck started to show me how he doggy paddles, but he kept looking at me to make sure I was watching him, and smiling the entire way.  I so absolutely loved it, that I forgot to take a bunch of pictures.  The camera became a giant useless necklace that I was wearing.  Beck in past was so hard for me to connect with, that him smiling at me the entire time was overwhelming to me.  It made my day! 
     Killian was a bit further from me than Beck was to start.  Killian's teacher had to swim him out to the deep end trying to distract him from wanting to go to his Mommy.  So I walked out to the edge of the pool and yelled "Killian, so me how you can swim!"  His teacher had to put him on his back since he obviously doesn't like water near his face.  Killian was so excited that I was there he kicked half the water out of the pool.  The swim team that was there didn't have enough water left in the pool to practice.  Killian closes his eyes and kicks as hard as he can.  He wouldn't however, show me how he could put his face in the water to blow bubbles.  I did get a picture of Beck attempting to blow bubbles like his teacher.  It is obvious he doesn't quite grasp the concept.  His teachers face is half underwater, and Beck is above water looking like he is trying to whistle.  It was so fun to watch and warmed my heart that both boys were excited to see me and come with me after.  I was getting a complex that the boys never say bye to me at the end of our visits, but they didn't say by to their mother either when we left.  So I guess it's not just me.

Funny conversation of the day.  Killian found a flashlight, and this is what he said...

You push 'dis button for on.  'Dis is what you use to fix tings.  I had it on at  the TV and Beck come up and say what was 'dat.  Beck say maybe it a monster and I say oh dear.

Mom had two bags for them to give to me for my birthday when we arrived.  She handed them to the boys and said go tell Daddy happy birthday.  Beck came over and stood by me, didn't say anything and started to take the tissue paper out of the bag looking for the present.  Killian came over and handed me the bad and said, "Here, I got 'dis for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment